Then and now: Sutcliffe’s Garage/Neary’s Auto Sales



1950: W. Collis Sutcliffe opened a warehouse and service station in this art deco building at Adams Avenue and Ash Street in 1942. The building contained warehouse space for household furniture and other large items, and an automobile service station and gas station fronting on Adams Avenue. Sutcliffe also owned service stations in Mount Pocono and Clarks Summit.


 


TT12THENNOW_2_WEB


2018: After Sutcliffe’s death in 1968, the business was operated by his brother, until the property was purchased by Michael J. Neary for auto sales. Neary’s continues to operate on this spot today.


 


— RESEARCH COURTESY OF LACKAWANNA HISTORICAL SOCIETY



READ SOURCE

ALSO READ   Trump's Auto Tariff Threats Are Getting in the Way of NAFTA Negotiations

Leave a Reply