Daily news and links for Friday
- Evan Lazar goes over the Patriots gameplan: How the Patriots offense can get back on track vs. Miami.
- Ryan Hannable makes the case that this is the biggest regular-season game in the Bill Belichick era.
- Michael Hurley shares what he’ll be watching for on Sunday: 1. Coverage.
- Nick O’Malley gives us some Pats-Phins anti-analysis: Pats are both doomed and favored by 7 because no one knows anything. /Bingo.
- Zack Cox takes a look at how the Pats will respond vs. Dolphins after a rare two-game losing streak.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots-Dolphins, Week 4: Players to watch.
- Thomas Murphy (DiehardBostonSportsFans) Monster keys to squish the fish. 1. Get physical. /Yes!
- Kevin Tame Jr. (PatriotsWire) 5 keys for Patriots to beat Dolphins. 1. The Patriots cannot let Frank Gore and Kenyan Drake run wild.
- Kristen Parker (PatriotsWire) 3 emerging storylines as Patriots get set to play Dolphins, 1. Injuries, injuries, injuries.
- Michael Hurley reports that since 2003, the Patriots have taken the field six times while coming off back-to-back losses. They’ve won all six games, by an average score of 33-13.
- Kevin Duffy hears from Dont’a Hightower how he’s been ramping up communication with his teammates.
- Ryan Hannable notes Dont’a Hightower’s response to Mike Lombardi’s suggestion that he be switched to defensive end, “That’s not my coach.”
- Ryan Hannable talks with Phillip Dorsett on the process Josh Gordon is going through to get acclimated, “…He’s doing a lot of learning, and he is learning. He sits right next to me, and he always asks questions, trying to learn, and that’s great. He’s a pretty smart guy, so I know it’s going to come along to him.”
- Zack Cox Patriots Notes: Josh Gordon encouraging teammates with off-field work ethic.
- Doug Kyed tells us how John Simon has a head start on the Patriots culture and learning the defense.
- Mike Reiss believes Julian Edelman is just what the Patriots need to revive their passing game.
- Steve McGuire (LastWordOnFootball) Phillip Dorsett needs to rebound in Week Four for New England Patriots.
- Mark Daniels reminds us how much Danny Amendola has been missed by the team.
- Kevin Duffy gives us an injury update from Thursday’s practice: Eric Rowe was the only player who was absent.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) Selflessness makes Light a true Patriots Hall-of-Famer.
- Ross Gienieczko notes Matt Light says it’s not time for the Patriots to panic.
- Ian Logue (PatsFans) Compared to 2017, Patriots current passing totals are eye-opening.
- Matt Dolloff wonders if the Patriots should take a look at recently released WR Rishard Matthews.
- Kevin Duffy Patriots Notebook: John Simon adds edge help to defensive front seven.
- Doug Kyed addresses his Friday Patriots Mailbag: Could Dont’a Hightower position switch help defense?
- Nick O’Malley points out how the Patriots’ 2018 draft class is an injury-filled mess; 6 of 9 picks are now on IR.
- Adam London relays why Peter King thinks the Patriots could make a trade for Le’Veon Bell.
- Jim Lazar calls this a rare must-win for the Patriots and makes his Week 4 picks. Patriots win 27-20.