It’s race day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif, and we’ve got all the information you need to get ready for Sunday’s Auto Club 400, the fifth race in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series:
START TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET (12:30 p.m. local).
GREEN FLAG: 3:48 p.m. ET. (12:48 p.m. local)
Drivers will be instructed to start their engines at 3:37 p.m. ET (12:37 p.m. local). The command will be given by the actors and real-life musicians involved in the Netflix biopic “The Dirt”, based on the life of rock band Motley Crue: Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, Mick Mars, Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) and Douglas Booth.
TV: Fox. Pre-race broadcast begins at 3 p.m. ET. (Noon local)
RACE DISTANCE: 200 laps around the 2-mile track for a total of 400 miles.
STAGE LENGTHS (laps per stage): Stage 1: 60, Stage 2: 60, Stage 3: 80.
CHASING HISTORY: Kyle Busch goes for his 200th combined win in NASCAR National Series races.
NATIONAL ANTHEM: Actress, singer and Emmy award-winning co-host of “The Real” Adrienne Houghton will perform the anthem at 3:31 p.m. ET (12:31 p.m. local), followed by a flyover by two F-18s from the VFA-22 Fighting Redcocks of the Naval Air Station Lemoore in California.
WEATHER: Delightful. The Weather Channel is calling for sunny skies and temperatures near 80 degrees for the race.
LAST TIME: Martin Truex Jr. led 125 of 200 laps and roared to an 11.685-seconds victory over second-place Kyle Larson last March for his first win of 2018.
LINEUP: Austin Dillon won the pole on Friday after no drivers completed a lap in the final round of qualifying. The Richard Childress Racing driver got his fourth career pole essentially by default after a bizarre scene in the final session. Dillon won each of the two rounds of qualifying in which drivers actually drove.
Here is the lineup for the Auto Club 400 (car number in parentheses):
1. (3) Austin Dillon, Chevrolet
2. (4) Kevin Harvick, Ford
3. (10) Aric Almirola, Ford
4. (18) Kyle Busch, Toyota
5. (22) Joey Logano, Ford
6. (11) Denny Hamlin, Toyota
7. (6) Ryan Newman, Ford
8. (9) Chase Elliott, Chevrolet
9. (14) Clint Bowyer, Ford
10. (12) Ryan Blaney, Ford
11. (48) Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet
12. (17) Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Ford
13. (2) Brad Keselowski, Ford
14. (37) Chris Buescher, Chevrolet
15. (42) Kyle Larson, Chevrolet
16. (13) Ty Dillon, Chevrolet
17. (8) Daniel Hemric, Chevrolet
18. (20) Erik Jones, Toyota
19. (38) David Ragan, Ford
20. (41) Daniel Suarez, Ford
21. (1) Kurt Busch, Chevrolet
22. (24) William Byron, Chevrolet
23. (88) Alex Bowman, Chevrolet
24. (95) Matt DiBenedetto, Toyota
25. (21) Paul Menard, Ford
26. (47) Ryan Preece, Chevrolet
27. (19) Martin Truex Jr, Toyota
28. (43) Bubba Wallace, Chevrolet
29. (34) Michael McDowell, Ford
30. (32) Corey LaJoie, Ford
31. (15) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet
32. (36) Matt Tifft, Ford
33. (00) Landon Cassill, Chevrolet
34. (51) Cody Ware, Chevrolet
35. (27) Reed Sorenson, Chevrolet
36. (52) BJ McLeod, Ford
37. (77) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet
38. (66) Joey Gase, Toyota
Follow Horrow on Twitter @EllenJHorrow