Job Overview – Local Lifestyle Host
Are you a people person? Are you passionate about storytelling? Do you love Midwest culture, food, travel, and lifestyle? If so, we want you to join our team.
WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities is looking for a creative host and storyteller for a new daily, one-hour lifestyle program called Living Local. The program will showcase local businesses and community organizations in a way that highlights their contributions to our community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for hosting the program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and also participating in on-location segments as scheduled. Must have a knack for transforming client brands into interesting and compelling television content.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about our community and can use their infectious personality to cultivate the community relationships necessary to ensure the success of the show. Must have great communication and improvisational skills, charisma, intelligence, great to work with, service driven, quick on their feet and highly motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
- Video introduction is required
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple project with varying production timelines
- Must be energetic, positive and great in a team environment
- Must be highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills