JOHOR Menteri Besar Mohamed Khaled Nordin today denied allegations by the opposition DAP that he was involved in a land scandal which is now a court case.
Khaled said the claims linking him to the case of a former Johor exco involved in the changing of residential land status from Bumiputera to non-Bumiputera were baseless and slanderous.
“First of all, I strongly deny the baseless allegations. They are lies, slander and have nothing to do with me.
“My administration has never received any kickbacks nor have we ever received any bribes and I oppose all efforts to offer bribes to me or my administration,” he said at the Johor assembly sitting today during his winding up speech.
The Barisan Nasional menteri besar said that the attempt to link him to the scandal smacked of malice and was intented to “shame and tarnish” his name as an individual and as head of the state government.
The allegations were raised in the legislative assembly last week by DAP’s Senai rep Wong Shu Qi, citing statements collected by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) during its investigations into the case.
She alleged that Khaled had received more than RM12 million from a developer to change the status of the residential land. – December 4, 2017.
MORE TO COME