Iran’s Zarif says no Pompeo meeting planned amid sanctions standoff


Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said there was no meeting planned with US officials including his counterpart Mike Pompeo at the United Nations General Assembly, the semi-official news agency Tasnim reported on Saturday.

Asked about the likelihood of a meeting with US officials, including Pompeo, on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly, Zarif said: “No, no such meeting is planned. We have repeatedly announced our position,” Tasnim reported.

Earlier this week, the United States re-imposed sanctions on Iran in line with President Donald Trump’s decision to pull out of a 2015 agreement over Iran’s nuclear program.
 

SHOW MORE


Last Update: Saturday, 11 August 2018 KSA 10:56 – GMT 07:56





READ SOURCE

ALSO READ   NP ready to take on any political party: Hasil Bizenjo

Leave a Reply