…Ladoja sympathises with parents
The Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso 1 has paid sympathy visit to Oba Lekan Balogun, whose twins were abducted last week by yet to be identified kidnappers in Ibadan.
Observers see the visit as a welcome development, even though both the Olubadan and Oba Lekan Balogun had disagreement on the recent review of the 1957 Declaration on Olubadan Chieftaincy Laws by the state government.
Oba Adetunji assured that the perpetrators of the dastardly act would soon be brought to justice, and urged Oba Lekan Balogun to be patient as God would bring the kidnapped twins back home.
Represented by the younger brother to the Olubadan, 80 year old Ambali Adetunji, the first class monarch described the incident as wicked and ungodly.
Also, in the delegation was the Personal Assistant and Director of Media and Public affairs to the Olubadan, Mr Adeola Oloko.
The royal father further charged the police and other security agencies in the state to intensify efforts to ensure that the criminals were tracked down and be made to face the wrath of the law .
Also, High Chief Senator Rashidi Ladoja has expressed the hope that the kidnapped twins would soon be brought back home to re-unite with their parents.
It was learnt yesterday that High Chief Ladoja in a telephone conversation sympathised with Oba Lekan Balogun on the kidnap of his twins.
When contacted, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to Ladoja, Alhaji Lanre Latinwo said High Chief Ladoja has been away from Ibadan since last Thursday.
“It is possible High Chief Ladoja may have called him (Oba Balogun) on phone to sympathise with him .But am not aware if he sent any delegation. All I know is that he has been away from Ibadan since last week Thursday and he is likely to be back today”, he said.
The twins were kidnapped in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital last week.
Sources informed that the kidnappers have communicated the parents, demanding N100 million ransoms.
The Oyo State Police Command has said officers of the command have been alerted and that all machineries have been deployed to ensure that the victims were rescued from the kidnappers.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, urged the public to be patient, assuring that the children would be rescued in no distant time.
He said the command was deeply concerned about the plight of the parents but appealed for patience from the public, assuring that the command was working hard to record a breakthrough on the incident. “We are doing everything to get the innocent children rescued safely, ” he said.
When asked about how the command was preventing a recurrence, Ajisebutu explained that measures put in place include aggressive patrol, raiding of criminal hide-outs and gathering up-to-date intelligence which has led to the arrest of many criminals and recovery of stolen items.
He added: ”Search for the abducted children is being intensified. We are not resting on our oars. We are hopeful that the victims will be rescued alive soon by God’s Grace and with the support of the public.
He urged members of the public to volunteer unsecured information that can help the police in recording a breakthrough on the incident.
Meanwhile, a family source confirmed to The Nation yesterday that the kidnappers have reduced the ransom to N40 million. The source reinforced the earlier appeal to the abductors to release the little children.