Android Auto was launched to make driving safe and easy. It is a smart driving companion with simplified menu screen and large buttons, which displays the necessary information and services like music, navigation, calls and messages. It comes with the added support for the Google Assistant through which users can now interact with it using the voice commands too.
Now, if you are thinking that how you can use this app in your car, them here’s a small guide for you.
• A smartphone running Android 5.0 or above.
• A phone mount for your car.
• A Bluetooth dongle (in case your cars music system does not have Bluetooth connectivity).
First things first:
• Open Google Play store and download Android Auto app.
• Connect your phone with your car’s music system using Bluetooth or AUX cable.
Setup Android Auto on your phone:
1. Open Android Auto app and tap on ‘Get started’.
2. Now tap on ‘Accept’ on the important safety information screen.
3. Tap on ‘Continue’ to give all the necessary permission to the app.
4. Select the Bluetooth device you want to connect the app and tap on ‘Turn on’.
Necessary things to keep in mind:
Automate the Android Auto app
- Press the Menu button on the top-left corner.
- Go to Settings, scroll down and toggle the Autolaunch option to ‘On’.
- Then turn on the ‘Pocket detection’ option.
Lock the landscape rotation
- Rotate the phone to landscape mode.
- Open the quick menu option and tap on the auto rotate option to lock the rotation mode to landscape.
Turn on “Ok Google” detection
- Go to settings by tapping on horizontal bars at the top – left of the screen
- Then tap on “Ok Google’ detection option and turn on all ‘Access with voice match’ and Unlock with voice match’ option.
After completing all the above steps, mount your phone in your car and connect it to Bluetooth, the app will launch automatically.
What can you do using Android Auto
- You can make phone calls, respond to messages and view important notification based on your notification settings of the app.
- You can also use the navigation option to navigate from one place to another.
- It can also be used to listen to the music stored on the phone as well as using the streaming apps as well.
- You can also download the apps specifically built for Android Auto.