A TRIP to the cinema can end up costing you an arm and a leg, especially when you factor in the snacks.
But movie-goers can now watch a film for a fiver thanks to a deal on Groupon – but it won’t work for the latest blockbusters.
- Groupon, five 2D tickets for £25 – buy now
You can pick up five Odeon cinema tickets for £25 – a huge saving on standard prices of tickets.
Odeon ticket prices vary depending on what branch you go to, but according to movietheatreprices.com, prices for an adult ticket range between £10.95 and £13.95 during peak times.
Five tickets at the top price will set you back a whopping £69.75, so you’ll be saving a huge £44.75.
The cinema chain offers discounts for children, teenagers and seniors but the cheapest ticket available is £6.
So even if you bought five children’s tickets, you’ll be saving £5.
To get the deal, you’ll need to buy the voucher from the money saving website and bring it with you when you pay for your tickets, or type in the code when you book online.
But it’s not without its caveats.
Annoyingly, you won’t be able to use the voucher to watch the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, Kaala, Race 3, 7 Din Mohabbat In, Sanju or The First Purge.
You will be able to use it to watch Oceans 8 but not until June 28, and Sicario 2 and TAG fans will have to wait until July 5.
How to save money at the cinema
HERE are some top tips on how to save at the cinema from money-saving blogger Collette Jones, 26, who runs Cashback Collette:
- Turn supermarket store card points into cinema tickets. For example, Sainsbury’s Nectar points get you free Vue cinema tickets, while Tesco Clubcard points can be turned into Cineworld tickets, saving you up to £14.
- Check for deals. Sites such as Groupon and Wowcher often run deals on cinema tickets but make sure the film you want to see is included.
- Go off-peak. During the week before 5pm, tickets are cheaper than in the evenings or at weekends, saving you roughly £2 at Cineworld. Vue’s Super Mondays offer means tickets are just £3.99 (£4.99 in London), saving you £6 on average.
- Buy cheap insurance from Compare The Market. Purchase any insurance from as little as £2 and you’ll get 2 for 1 cinema tickets every Tuesday and Wednesday for a year.
- Load up on free snacks. With supermarket cashback apps like Shopmium, CheckoutSmart and Quidco ClickSnap, I’ve nabbed Maltesers and a 5-pack of Cadbury Creme Eggs before saving around £2.
- Join cinema membership schemes. A scheme like Cineworld Unlimited (from £17.90/month) or Odeon Limitless (from £17.99/month) could save you money if you’re a regular cinema-goer. With these, you only need to go twice a month to make your money back.
The voucher also won’t be valid at the BFI IMAX, The Lounge at Whiteleys and all posher Luxe cinemas and it doesn’t include 3D films.
The deal was spotted on bargain hunter website hotukdeals who have been snapping it up since it went live this morning.
It’s not clear how long the offer will last for, so you might want to cash in quick.
Disney fans in Glasgow were in for a treat as one Scottish cinema held a Disney sleepover for lovers that ran from 11pm through to 6:30am.
A state-of-the-art cinema that engages all five senses opened its doors in London earlier this year.
The immersive movie theatre uses high-tech motion seats and special effects to simulate wind, snow, fog, lightning, bubbles, water and scents.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 78 24516. Don’t forget to join the Sun Money’s Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.