Jewelry is something that evolves every year and magnificently through history. It has always been a way man and woman tries to express themselves and maintain an impression. For women, it has always been easy as the feminine ways of expression lies more in sync with the fluidity of molten metal. While jewelry can do the same for men, it may be essential to choose more carefully to portray the image you wish to put forward.
Often accessories are something that is ignored when it comes to men’s wardrobe. If you belong to this category, then this is the time for that wave of change to engulf you. You appearance often is a painting of your personality. Every detail matters and without accessories it is simply an incomplete picture.
Gone are the days when the only time a man swiped his card on jewelry was when he was going to propose. Men’s exclusive collection of jewelry has taken the globe by storm. Every day there are plenty of more choices and designs in this category. The barriers keep falling and men realize their inner self and are bold enough to be expressive about it.
Types of jewelry for men
There an assortment of designs you can see celebrities wearing ranging from gold chains to jewel-studded cufflinks. It can be a confusing world when you want to start sporting jewelry. Here is a list of items that can help you decide on what items you would like to wear. It is essential to pick them wisely as they can last a really long time and could even be passed down generations.
- Rings: According to every jewelry designer out there, rings happen to be the hottest item on sale from men’s jewelry. They are more than an accessory; they are a style statement. You can opt for a classic design such as a plain band or even go for bold modern designs that may suit your personality better. They do not need much maintenance and hence suit the lifestyle of a man well too.
- Necklaces: This is another form of accessorizing for men. Ranging from thick gold chains to thin platinum linked chains are all in fashion. Necklaces have been worn by men since the start of civilization and often carry a meaning to it.
Regarding necklaces, you can keep in mind that less is more. At any point in time, you can stick to a maximum of two at a time unless the outfit demands it. These versatile ornaments can take a simple tee shirt to a richer look. When it comes to men, the key to style is the length of the chain. Ideally, it should be higher than 6 inches from your navel.
This gives a masculine touch to it and does wonders for your style quotient.
You can switch between traditional gold ones for a classic event and modern designs for casual wears. Either way, necklaces are always in style
- Earrings: Earrings are one of the most commonly worn men’s jewelry items. It is common for men to sport piercings. They can be a symbolic representation of something that matters to you or simply a dash of style to your personality. The biggest advantage of getting a piercing is that you can simply choose to quit by not wearing a stud and no one will notice a thing.
- Heirlooms: It is common for men to wear a significant ring or cufflinks that are a valuable family heirloom passed down to them from their ancestors. Often they can be a loud accessory and hence it is necessary to maintain them in proper condition so that you can pass it down to your son when it’s
- Cufflinks: Cufflinks can say a lot about who you are. They are an accessory for men that has always been fashionable over the years. It can be a meaningful representation of your profession, passion or even a memory. Cufflinks are a great gift to a loved one as well. There are ones that are made in precious metal and set with precious stones to give out a classy and elegant finish to your attire.
- Religious jewelry: This includes the golden cross often worn by men as well as prayer beads of other faiths. They have to be treated with respect and are usually worn for life by men.
- Bracelets: Bracelets can be called the king of men’s jewelry as they are probably the most versatile item on the list. They can be minimal or loud depending on your preference. Bracelets for men are sometimes in the form of geometric or rugged designs that can accentuate the masculine touch to it. It can be combined with casuals as well as formals with finesse.
There is a wide world out there full of men’s accessories from which you can choose to your heart’s content. They key is not to go overboard and to choose what describes you timelessly and elegantly. This blog explains gold chains and provides some helpful tips that could come to use as well.
How to choose your jewelry
It can be a confusing and bewildering world if you want to wear men’s jewelry and are new to the world. Here are some useful tips to help you get there.
- Simplicity: If you are entirely new to the world of jewelry, you can ease into simple items such as a metal watch to help you get comfortable. You can then move ahead into more sophisticated items such as cufflinks, rings, and bracelets. Being simple can do wonders for your looks.
- Metal choices: You should match metals carefully and be well aware of their aesthetic effects.
- Understanding the symbolism: Often jewelry carries more than looks and is a statement of something bigger than what meets the eye. It is integral to understand your ornaments and to make complete peace with what it represents so that you can carry it around with pride. This will also help you connect to the designs of your choice. They will matter a lot more once you know what they stand for and what you represent.